Our QMF expert’s cover all QMF functions using lecture, learning checks, and workshops. The participants practice on the many workshops contained in the session. The session also provides the basis for more advances use of DB2 or SQL/DS.
Understand the main QMF functions.
Be able to compose simple SQL statements
Be able to use QMF for simple reporting
Be able to use QMF for complex reporting and DBAs
AUDIENCE—End users, programmers, who want to create reports using QMF.
- Introduction to QMF
- QMF Overview
- QMF under TSO and CMS
- Tables, Datatypes, Review of fundamental SQL queries
- Getting Started with QMF
- Checking your profile
- QMF Home panel, help commands
- Using QMF for queries and reports
- Entering and executing a query
- Status panel, viewing the report, changing the query, ISPF edit
- Changing appearance of report and printing
- Simple queries
- Columns, duplicates
- Selecting, testing, sorting output
- WHERE, AND/OR
- Between, IN, LIKE
- Using QMF as a Workstation
- Saving, printing
- Exporting, importing
- SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE
- Tailoring the report with QMF
- Edit codes
- Controlling width and indenting
- Usage codes, control break
- Getting a data value to print
- Special symbols and functions used in text
- Creating a Query and Procedure that prompt
- Running a saved procedure, in batch
- QBE: Query By Example
- QBE query
- Insert, update
- Condition box, functions, joining tables
- Prompted Queries
- Problem Areas
- Our DB2 experts can cover any and all topics on this subject—topics can be added or deleted per Client’s needs.
WORKSTATIONS AND MAINFRAME ACCESS ARE NEEDED FOR THIS SESSION.
Prerequisite: Know how to logon/logoff using TSO. Knowledge of SQL would be helpful, but is not required.